Today Alexa met Ani for the first time, a very meaningful event for all of us. The first meeting was a moment that highlighted our memories of Granty's all-to-short life, so the significance of today's meeting resonated for us. Today also represented a huge step for our immediate family, as it was in many ways a rebirth for us and presented a sense of joy, relief and hope. We are a family of five.
The similarities between Alexa's introduction to both Grant and Ani were undeniable; she immediately transitioned to 'big sister mode', cooing over her newest sibling. I tried to hold back the tears in my eyes as I assisted Alexa holding Ani, and Damon did his best to play videographer and photographer as he also fought the urge to cry. Thankfully Alexa was focused upon her new love and didn't notice the emotion she evoked in Damon and myself.
Alexa was smitten with her baby sister, gushing over her petite frame and tiny features. She was disappointed that Ani didn't open her eyes during their brief visit (despite her repeated attempts to pry open her eyelids), but the baby's full head of hair more than compensated for this slight letdown. Alexa continually pulled off Ani's crocheted cap, wanting to pat her head and play with her dark locks. She also asked when the dark hair was going to fall out and turn blonde like hers; I guess I'm not the only one who notice the similarities in these siblings' appearances ;)
What a wonderful day for our family! I felt like our little boy was watching over us, undoubtedly flashing his signature grin.

This has to be one of the most precious photographs I've seen. You have two very beautiful girls. All our love.
ReplyDeletePrecious little ones!
ReplyDeleteDeb D.