Our New Year's Eve was very uneventful, something I had purposely planned. Damon, of course, worked last night and with my due date just three weeks away, I am not exactly looking for a raging party...lol.
In years past, I would usually head into the restaurant on New Year's Eve so that Damon and I could (sort of) spend the holiday together, but last night I was looking forward to having a relaxing evening. Alexa had gone to school yesterday (not normal school, but rather full-day childcare), and I had worked the entire day, so both of us were pretty exhausted by the time I picked her up last night. She fell asleep around 9:30, and I was very happy to silence my phone and climb into bed to watch a Law & Order episode on the dvr. Not exactly the most rocking New Year's Eve, but it was perfect. :)
The past year was a pretty eventful year of many great moments, from finding out the news of my pregnancy to the St. Louis Cardinals in the World Series. However, there is always a sense of sadness and grief that underpins every moment, as Granty is never far from the forefront of our thoughts. It was a definite learning process to cope with this grief, and most importantly, find ways to honor the memories of our little guy and preserve his legacy. Looking back, I can proudly say we accomplished this balance through events (Run to Fight Cancer, Grant Hovannisian Memorial Golf Tournament, etc..), but most importantly in the mundane daily activities of our lives. Alexa continues to mention Granty on a near-daily basis, something that means more to me than anything.
We're looking forward to a wonderful 2014!
![]() |
| Happy New Year....looking forward to a happy & healthy 2014! |

Happy New Year! Awesome picture!
ReplyDelete