There was a little bit of humor as I reviewed the discharge paperwork. I asked the nurse about Ani's blood type, and she reviewed her chart and noted she was A-negative. Wait a minute....I stopped her immediately, as I knew I was O-negative and Damon thought he was O-blood type as well. Amazingly I remembered Punnett squares from my biology courses and knew that we had a little problem - either Damon wasn't O-blood type or Ani's paternity is questionable. Thankfully Damon called his mother on the drive home and confirmed the former...lol.
It was wonderful to come home - the cliche 'there's no place like home' is very true. It will be nice to sleep in my own bed with the only interruption being a crying baby as opposed to the parade of nurses and technicians who seemed to have a knack for entering the room just as I closed my eyes. Ani finally is wearing clothes and diapers that fit (preemie for right now), as I think the shirts in which they dressed her at the hospital were designed for babies four-times her size. The other great part about being home is being able to return (somewhat) to normal routine. It was awesome to see Alexa's face light up when I picked her up from school this afternoon - I think she appreciates the normalcy just as much as I do.
![]() |
| Leaving the confines of our hospital room...freedom! |

Oh my goodness! Ani gets cuter each time I see a new picture! I'm glad everything is going well. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteWe are beyond excited to hear of little Ani's entrance. Congratulations to the Hovey fam... Can't wait to meet our newest little cousin! Such a doll.. Enjoy
ReplyDeleteBlessings to all,
David & Patii
It is hard to believe that ther is a fifth member of the Hovey clan and just as cute and beautiful as the other four members. Glad to know everything is going okay and everyone is feeling fine. Will await more updates. Love to all Mike and Joanne
ReplyDelete