Sunday, January 12, 2014

Embracing Change

I was very curious to see how Alexa would adjust to having a sibling (again), as there's a significant difference between ages three and five.  Thankfully, Alexa adores her baby sister and is very protective of Ani.  She has positioned her step stool by Ani's changing table and a chair by the crib so she can be involved as much as possible in the care of her baby sister.  She's already coined Ani as "her baby" - a natural big sister.

While my parents are in-town, Damon and I decided to take advantage of their assistance and planned a special morning with Alexa - breakfast followed by a morning matinee showing of 'Frozen.'  I am not a moviegoer; the last time I saw a movie in the theater was when I was pregnant with Alexa (yes, it had been that long...).  Damon, however, loves going to the movies, so I don't know if he or Alexa was more excited for this morning.

The morning worked out perfectly; it's not too often that the three of us get to hang out together (even pre-Ani).  It's a good day for a four year-old when you begin the day with a Mickey Mouse pancake followed by a Disney movie.  During the movie, several scenes centered upon the topic of death, so I wasn't too surprised when Alexa said, "I miss Granty," as we sat in the theater.  Thankfully her sadness was short-lived, as Alexa was a very happy girl as we walked out of the movie theater, despite my unwillingness to buy her buttery movie theater popcorn.

The rest of the day continued on a high note; I think Alexa really appreciated her quality time with Mommy and Daddy this morning.  I think we'll have to find a way to continue these 'Alexa only' outings in the future.  I don't think it will be too hard to convince Damon of this either...especially if it means I go the the movies more than once every five years!

Holding Ani was a "must" before she went to gymnastics yesterday.



1 comment:

  1. "It's fun being a big sister!" "Beautiful Ani looks like Alexa's little doll" "Can't wait to meet her"

    ReplyDelete