Saturday, August 24, 2013

Change of Routine

Today was not a typical Saturday....Damon had the entire day off work (aside from the normal phone calls) purely "just because."  It was nice to spend the day as a family without any specific agenda; I cannot remember the last time that has happened on a Saturday.

Our day was low-key and uneventful, but it was truly a wonderful day.  I received a nice surprise this morning when Damon offered to take Alexa to gymnastics; I took full advantage of his offer and enjoyed a leisurely grocery shopping trip.  I have never spent so much time in Fry's, scoping out the bargains and digital coupons, as it is a rarity for me to shop without Alexa or rushing to get groceries between work and picking up Alexa from school.  I tried to return the favor by enabling Damon to watch some pre-season NFL games while Alexa and I went swimming this afternoon, although Alexa did call him outside a few times so she could show off some of her moves.  I think she was happy to have a new audience. :)

By late evening, I'm sure Damon was wishing he was at work, as Alexa and I subjected him to playing the Barbie "Gems" card game with us.  This matching-game is nothing like the poker to which Damon is accustomed, and I think the three rounds we played were more than enough for him.  He was a great sport though....I'm sure it helped that his iPhone was propped on the table, providing the latest scores and plays.

Tomorrow should be another fun day - - Damon's off again!

Always happy to have some quality time with Daddy.



No comments:

Post a Comment