Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Joys of FaceTime

Tonight Alexa had a long-awaited conversation with her BFF Gabriella via FaceTime (video conference on the iPhone).  Gabriella is attending a different school this year, so the girls aren't getting the daily interaction they're used to, but that has not dissipated their friendship one bit.  It is hilarious to watch and listen to these two girls; they have their own language full of inside jokes.  After we ended tonight's FaceTime session, Alexa looked at me and said, "I really miss Gabriella; I'm glad I could FaceTime with her.  It's too bad that I cannot FaceTime with Granty because I really miss him too."

I can only imagine the conversations Granty and Alexa would have....I'm sure there would be lots of cooing and giggling.  Alexa always had a knack for making her baby brother smile - I think those interactions are one of the things I miss most.  Whenever I see Alexa doing the same "gaa gaa" noises with other babies, it always evokes a sense of wistfulness.  I am looking forward to seeing Alexa interact with her new sibling; she loves being a big sister, so her new brother or sister will be very lucky.

Always happy to help bathe Granty...two smiley kiddos.






2 comments:

  1. Two beautiful smiley kiddos....Many more smiles on their way. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings! My name is Heather and I was wondering if you would be willing to answer a quick question I have about your blog! My email address is Lifesabanquet1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete