He looked very confused when Alexa joined him poolside, and he even checked with manager to make sure Alexa was in the right place. I think his jaw nearly dropped to the bottom of the pool when the manager confirmed that Alexa was in the "Stars" class now. His jaw continued to hang as Alexa boldly jumped into the pool, put on her goggles and swam across to the other side. It was very cute to see his reaction....I think I appreciated it just as much as Alexa did. It took a heck of a lot of work and persistence (from both of us...lol) to get to where she is today!
Alexa was obviously very proud of herself when I met her at the showers, and her enthusiasm continued as I buckled her into her carseat. "I made Coach Nick say 'Wowza' tonight because I showed him that I'm a really good swimmer now! I think he was super-proud of me!"
I have a feeling Alexa will have a lot of "Wowza" moments in her life....she is a persistent little perfectionist. Hmmm....I wonder where she learned those traits. :)
![]() |
| What Nick expected from Alexa..... |
| but instead he found a happy and proficient swimmer! |

Alexa, so proud of your continuing progress. You are a lot like your mommy. Love, Joanne
ReplyDelete