Needless to say, while Damon and I were happy (I think we were more relieved that everything on the ultrasound looked good!), but Alexa was most thrilled with the news. Before she left for school this morning, she reiterated her desire for a sister, telling me that she had no boy names in mind...she only likes the name Grant. Thankfully she won't be pressed to come up with another name, as her baby sister "Elizabeth" will be a reality. I truly think she will call her Elizabeth, regardless of the name that Damon and I select for our newest family member. The two of us have to get to work on names now.... :)
I will admit, a part of me was hoping for a little boy, simply (and maybe selfishly) because I felt a little short-changed by the time I had with my Granty. However, I think Damon said it best, "Our Granty left such a legacy, there didn't need to be another Hovannisian boy." He's right - although I would have done anything to have more than five months with him, the impact of Grant's life far surpasses that of most people. We truly are lucky to have had the time with him.
Another reason why I was slightly partial to a boy - - I don't know if I can handle another mini-me. Little Connie (aka Alexa) is a handful...I had better gear up for two mini-me's!
![]() |
| Looking forward to Hovey #3 - - Damon's hoping this one might resemble him. My genes seemed to win-out on the first two...lol |

Congrats!!! Very happy for all of you.
ReplyDeleteLove, Joe P.
Damon, Connie and Alexa, Congratulations on the wonderful news. Mike and I can hardly wait to have "Elizabeth" join your beautiful family. Love, Mike and Joanne
ReplyDeleteYay! A sweet little girl to love & spoil!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Auntie Gia
Congratulations! I can't wait to meet Elizabeth. I think I will follow Alexa's lead and call her that as well. ;)
ReplyDeleteAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH so excited for you guys!!! I've been waiting to find out what you were having... then I couldn't respond on my phone last night!!! I hope you have been feeling well!
ReplyDeleteNikki Pellegrino