Damon was working tonight, so Alexa and I decided to go to Wildfish for dinner to try to have some time together as a family today. Dining at Wildfish can be a tough feat, as Alexa wants nothing more than to be by Damon's side when we're in the restaurant. However, tonight I had Alexa's promise that she would be on her best behavior, and Damon helped things out by sitting with us whenever he could. At the restaurant, Alexa's first question is always, "Do you have any live lobsters?!?" Tonight the answer was "No," but Damon decided to bring some lobster and butter for Alexa to sample. He figured this would be a pleasant treat, especially compared to the frog legs she ate a few weeks ago.
Logic does not always prevail when it comes to the appetite of a four year-old - Alexa hesitantly dipped the lobster in butter sauce and took a quick sniff as she brought it to her mouth. The smell was apparently a huge turn-off, as she would have nothing to do with the crustacean. Damon and I just shook our heads....at least we won't have to worry about her ordering an expensive entree next time we go out to eat!
| Frog leg saddles? No big deal...A piece of lobster claw? Eww!!! |
Trust me, her taste for lobster will change, I absolutely love it!!. I am so pleased that she is at least willing to try new things at such a young age. You go girl! Love, Joanne
ReplyDelete