Wednesday, August 21, 2013

If the Tutu Fits....

I think Alexa is definitely ready for another sibling....Alstott and I don't seem to be cutting it as playmates these days.

Alexa's interest in dress-up clothes and Barbie dolls, which ironically are all naked, has been resurrected, so she has been dressing up as a different Disney princess each night before she takes a bath with her naked Barbies.  She tried to get me involved as I made dinner the other night, asking me to don an old bridesmaid dress and wear high heels while I prepared our meal.  Admittedly, I used the pregnancy card to politely decline her request, explaining my growing stomach wouldn't fit into any of my bridesmaid dresses.  Thankfully my explanation seemed to work, and she let me off the hook (this time) for a game of dress-up.  I'm sure the requests will resurface soon after Hovey #3 is born, when my growing belly is no longer an effective excuse.

After she realized I was not a willing participant in her rousing game of dress-up, Alsott, by default, became her next choice of playmate.  Within a minute or two, poor Alstott ran into the kitchen sporting a tutu skirt around his neck.  Alexa didn't seem to mind that a male dog was wearing a skirt, as she was beaming that she was able to wrangle him and get the tutu around his neck.  Alstott was a good sport, keeping the tutu on his neck for a good five minutes.  At that point, he'd had enough and figured out a way to wriggle out of the tulle trap.

Yep....it's definitely time for Alexa to have another sibling.  I now realize why she's hoping for a girl, as I have to smile when I imagine what kind of outfit she would have little Granty wearing these days. :)

Rapunzel and her trusty Joker puggle.....



No comments:

Post a Comment