Saturday, August 10, 2013

Higher Standards

As we drove to gymnastics this morning, Alexa expressed her dismay that Arizona does not border an ocean.  "I really wish I was back in Monterey searching for seashells on the beach!"  Join the club, kiddo!  It was a tough return to the heat of the desert after those wonderful days on the Central Coast.  We were quite spoiled by our recent vacation, and I have a feeling we will have at least one weekend jaunt to Monterey before baby #3 arrives.

Our return to Arizona also meant resuming our normal indoor activities on the weekends, although I have committed to swimming with her tomorrow.  Of course Candyland was on the docket (shocking, I know), but apparently our vacation has even made Candyland less fun.  While we were in St. Louis, Alexa not only played with me, but NeNe and her cousin Christian even joined in for some rousing games of Candyland.  (Christian was a great sport, as I don't know many college kids who would accommodate the request of a four year-old....maybe it'll become a drinking game at school this fall. :)  The two-person version of the game is much less lively than with four-players, and about halfway through the game, Alexa lamented the absence of NeNe and Christian.

It's going to be a rough month if everything is compared to the wonderful eleven-day vacation.  Maybe tomorrow's swim will remind Alexa of the fun of living in Arizona!

An enthusiastic participant....at the start of the game.


No comments:

Post a Comment