I was trying to come up with a different sweet for Alexa to enjoy, so I settled upon a very easy pudding cake recipe. I simply read the recipe and helped to measure the ingredients, but Alexa gladly assumed the reigns and took charge of making the batter. While Alexa was making the pudding cake, she told me she wants to be like NeNe (her maternal grandmother) when she grows up. According to Alexa's master plan, cooking and baking is the first step to following in NeNe's path, and Alexa told me she needs to learn a lot more recipes to cook as much as NeNe does. I jokingly told her she could have my grilled cheese recipe, but she scoffed at that offer and reminded me she has her own kids cookbook. So much for passing along my arsenal of recipes (maybe a whopping three recipes) for generations of come. :)
Alexa's aspiration isn't entirely for her own best interest, as she also has my needs in mind too. While we waited for the cake to bake, Alexa asked me how old she has to be to learn to sew with NeNe and get her own sewing machine. When I asked why, she responded, "I need to learn how to sew so that I can help take care of you. You don't know how to fix anything that rips, so I will be able to help you." I couldn't argue with her rationale, as I think we always have a few in the laundry room that need some sewing attention from NeNe...right now, there's a ripped tutu skirt and a scrunchie needing new elastic. It would be nice to in-source these sewing items....lol.
I may not have the domestic skills, but I'll just wait a few more years for her to appreciate my Excel prowess. I can teach her to create a spreadsheet for anything!
| The aspiring domestic diva.... |
Connie, I have ALWAYS classified your mom as the "ALL AMERICAN MOM", need I say more after reading this blog, it always puts a smile on my face. My response to a button falling off of Mike's shirt is "Buy a new shirt, sewing is not in my contract. Love, Joanne
ReplyDelete