Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Technologically Challenged

It will be interesting to see how this current generation of kids grows up in such a technology-based world.  Alexa is extremely well-versed in the Apple world, and she always tries to do a finger-swipe whenever she sees a computer screen - - she found out that this does not work well on my laptop PC.  I am the first to admit that I am not the most technology-driven person, and on airplanes I'm always happy to let Alexa have the iPad while I read my old-fashioned books and magazines.

Instead of watching a television show tonight, Alexa chose to play games on the iPad.  When we were in St. Louis, she became very well-versed in a "Cookie Baker" app on NeNe's Kindle, so Damon downloaded that to his iPad when we returned home.  After about five minutes of playing "Cookie Baker" she became bored and switched to "Angry Birds."  When I tapped her on the shoulder to let her know her time was up, she asked me if I wanted to try.  I think this was a set-up on her part, as she knows I have never played the game before, but I decided to be a good sport and give it a try.  Yes, something is very wrong with the world when I have a four year-old teaching me how to play "Angry Birds."

Alexa's "Angry Birds" tutorial lasted all of 30 seconds, and the rest of my play time was accompanied by heckling from Alexa, as she laughed hysterically when I could not knock out all of the monkeys or even missed them entirely in a few errant catapults.  Apparently watching me play was a million times more fun than actually playing it.  At one point, Alexa even uttered, "Are you kidding me!?" as I had a pretty rough round and didn't knock out too many monkeys.  Oy - I never expected to be taunted by a four year-old.  For the record, I did record one round in which I knocked out all of the monkeys and hit a high score.

After playing for about 20 minutes tonight, I decided to retire from the "Angry Birds"....I will just stick to watching Cardinals games and dvr'ed reality shows for my technology-fix.

Four going on fourteen..... :)


1 comment:

  1. I flunked Angry Birds and no longer even play. So much for that. Love the picture above. Joanne

    ReplyDelete