Friday, August 16, 2013

Quite the Appetite

Friday....finally!  This has been an extremely long workweek, and I have been absolutely exhausted by the time Alexa goes to bed each night.  I haven't been sleeping well thanks to my beloved puggle Alstott....he has been waking me up at least three times a night to be let outside.  His insatiable appetite has gotten the best of him while I am at work, as I have come home to find he's eaten four squeeze applesauce snacks (Wednesday), nearly an entire loaf of bread (Thursday) and raided the garbage (Friday).  Apparently a dog's sense of logic doesn't allow him to make the correlation between his mid-day binges and the miserable episodes he has each night.  I have had to rearrange the pantry to have food items only on the top three shelves...oy.  I guess that's what happens when you mix the known food-hound breeds of a pug and a beagle.

Despite the long week, there was a lot of fun energy in the house this evening.  Alexa had been waiting for this day for a long time - - she and BFF Gabriella reunited for a playdate tonight.  Even though they hadn't seen each other in weeks, they quickly picked back up exactly where they had left off.  It's a very cute friendship that these two have; they've definitely been through a lot together!

After playing their normal games (dress-up, mommies & babies, kitchen), I dyed white frosting various colors and let them ice and decorate their own cupcakes.  I can honestly say I have never seen so much icing, sprinkles and mini M&M's on a single cupcake.  Their sampling and indulgence in one of their masterpieces definitely counted as the one sweet for the day... :)

Hard at work creating a cupcake masterpiece -
a little heavy-handed on the sprinkles.
Sugar rush!  I think this cupcake was five days worth of sweets.

2 comments:

  1. Gabriella had the best time & misses her bff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love, Joanne

    ReplyDelete