Thursday, July 25, 2013

Eight Months....

Despite the excitement and joy of yesterday's announcement, as another 25th of the month passed, it was impossible not to be affected by the gravity of the day.  It's been eight long months since Granty passed away....and I continue to relive various moments of his life in my mind on a daily basis.  Granty's life changed my own life in so many ways.

One of the most challenging aspects of the past three months have been my initial doctor's visits, both with my OB and the perinatal specialist for the first trimester screening.  At each visit, I have had to recount Grant's story, as I explain why I don't have a vivacious infant boy at home as my medical chart would indicate.  These routine doctor's visits have actually become very emotional and draining experience.  There aren't too many people who can say they elicit tears from every doctor and nurse they encounter...my OB was especially crushed when she heard what happened.  Each time I walk the doctor through the history of Grant's life, I marvel at what my little boy endured, keeping that signature grin on his face the entire time.  It's hard to believe almost a month of his life was spent in the hospital.  When I tell his story, I always make sure to include mention his effervescent personality and wonderful demeanor....in his life, Granty was never defined by his cancer and I certainly can't let that happen now.  I wish everyone could have known him like I did.

My little guy was so much more than that tragic brain tumor....he's my hero, my daily inspiration and guardian angel.  Eight months have passed, but he'll always be with us.

Cancer schmancer.....always rising above the situation at-hand.



1 comment:

  1. Granty our angel, will be with all of us forever...

    ReplyDelete