Saturday, July 6, 2013

Tea Party for Three

After swimming today, I took Alexa to Toys R Us with the intention of buying her a new tea set (her current one ended up in her sandbox...ugh).  However, the My Little Pony aisle quickly trumped a tea set, and Alexa convinced me that a My Little Pony tea party playset (ponies + miniature tea set) was a much better choice.  The My Little Pony playset was on clearance, so it didn't take to much convincing....

Needless to say, this playset became the popular activity for the day.  The set included three ponies and accompanying place settings for each, so Alexa played the role of the Princess Celestia pony and I tried to juggle both Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie.  I was trying to be creative and use separate voices for each, but that became way too complicated after five minutes of play.  As Alexa called me out for using the Pinkie Pie voice while holding Rainbow Dash, she suddenly said, "You and I need one more person, Mommy.  I wish Granty were here to play ponies with us.  He could be Rainbow Dash, and there would be three ponies for three people!"  I just smiled at the thought; I couldn't bring myself to let Alexa know that Granty would still be way to young to play My Little Pony with her.

I can only imagine that dynamic that would have existed between Granty and Alexa in a year or two - - I'm sure Granty would have more than his share of princess dress-up clothes and My Little Pony.

Alexa and her perfect playmate....



No comments:

Post a Comment