Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Happy 13-Month Birthday, Granty!

Without fail, I always have a restless night of sleep leading up to the third of each month.  I cannot tell you how many hours I have laid in bed and relived moments of Granty's life - the fateful MRI, days upon end in the hospital, the morning of his surgery when he laughed hysterically for the first time....  It's still hard to believe that all of my memories of him will always be contained to five short months, not the thirteen we should have today.

Thankfully I always have Alexa to brighten my spirits and remind me how good our lives truly are.  Today was a very exciting day for Alexa, as not only was it the last day of school for the week, but she also had a make-up gymnastics class (no class this Saturday) after school....and she had a brand-new leotard to wear to the gym tonight.  I buy her leotards online, and this time I gave Alexa all decision-making power as to which leotard she wanted.  I did have to steer her away from a pink velvet number (too hot!), but she opted for a flashy purple sparkled leotard with crystals and purple zebra print accents.  I have to admit, I was skeptical at her decision, but it is much cuter in person, and I could tell from the viewing area that she loved wearing her fashion statement.  I wish running clothes were this cute!

When Alexa was getting ready for bed tonight, she made sure to find her huge floppy giraffe - - she refused to go to bed without it.  As we laid in her bed and watched light formations from her DreamLights giraffe, I couldn't help but think how much Granty is still a part of our lives.  There's not one room in our house without a giraffe or picture of the little guy.  I just wish Alexa were cuddling with him instead of the floppy giraffe.

One happy boy....we miss you, Granty!

No comments:

Post a Comment