Monday, July 8, 2013

Slight Detour

Since Damon was out of town through today, I had the responsibility to take Alexa to school this morning.  She was very excited for this change in routine, as on Sunday night she began to plan the lesson she wanted to show me at drop-off, but unfortunately an early conference call negated her plan.  Alexa even tried to convince me that she should take Damon's spot in bed, so she could wake up with me and get ready for the earlier than normal drop-off...I quickly ix-nayed her logic on that one.  Instead, I looked in the mirror when drying my hair, and there was a smiling Alexa looking back at me...bright and early at 6:15am.  I knew it was going to be a long hour and fifteen minutes before I took her to school.

It's always amusing when I take Alexa to school, as I don't think she realizes that I come to her school every day to pick her up...I think she only thinks of me leaving the school with her in tow.  Each time I take her to school, she loves to "introduce" elements of the school to me, like the school bell or the statues in the garden.  As we walked through the gate this morning, she pointed to the building with the Infant Room, and she told me, "Mommy, that is where you would drop off Granty if he was with us.  I would help you carry him in with all of his stuff.  It's so sad he never got to go to the same school as me."  The introspection of this four year-old girl never cease to amaze me....I too wished I was making the left turn detour before taking her to the Primary class.

This pic reminds me of a classic "first day of school" pose.
(San Diego vacation pic)

No comments:

Post a Comment