Monday, July 22, 2013

On The Lookout

I have to say, the relationship between Alexa and Damon is one of the most amusing and entertaining facets of my daily life.  Sometimes I think Damon reverts to being a mischievous four year-old when the two of them spend time together...

Since we're going to be out of town this weekend, I've been meticulously scheduling Alexa's make-up lessons, trying to make sure to keep her same coaches, etc..  Today she had a make-up swim lesson at 3:30pm, so Damon had to assume to responsibility to take her to the lesson.  When I came home from work tonight, I asked Alexa how swim class went, and instead of hearing about the backstroke or freestyle, she exclaimed, "Daddy got popcorn and was eating it during my class!"  Busted!  Damon said he was trying to be discreet, but apparently Alexa was watching him like a hawk.  The popcorn was just the beginning..."He also had an Icee drink after having a sugary drink at home too."  Damon just starting laughing; he knew Alexa had exposed his snack (and extra sweet).

This isn't the first time Damon's tried to sneak something past Alexa and been caught in the act.  I will never forget the night that Damon and Alexa came home from a dinner run, both of them sipping milkshakes.  Damon has a weakness for milkshakes, so when he and Alexa were at the drive-thru, he tried to be sly and discreetly order a milkshake at the window (instead of the speaker) while he turned up Alexa's music on the car's stereo.  That plan failed miserably, as Alexa's ears perked up when Damon tried to whisper "milkshake" to the employee, and he ended up ordering a milkshake for each of them.  Undeterred by this failure, Damon tried again at Portillo's about a month ago, as he tried to covertly order a piece of their chocolate cake.  The customer service at Portillo's revealed his purchase to Alexa, as multiple employees confirmed the order throughout the process, and Alexa was sure to relay the information back to me as soon as they got home.

After these failed attempts, I think Damon now sees it as a challenge to try to sneak things past the watchful eyes (and ears) of Alexa.  I will definitely hear about the failed missions from Alexa, as she thinks it's hilarious to rat our her Dad.

Damon and his little watchdog (no offense to Alstott...)



3 comments:

  1. Too funny! We have some of that going in here as well. Must be those 4 year olds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, all of you are sweet enough. Love Joanne

    ReplyDelete