During my drive home tonight, the song "Home" came on the radio, and it led to a very weepy commute. I could not stop crying as the song played, as all of the memories of Granty and his ordeal came rushing back to me. These emotions always hit like a ton of bricks and are unrelenting. Life after Granty never has been and never will be the same. I've quickly realized that a "new normal" develops, but unfortunately there is always an emptiness associated with it. Losing a child is a truly crushing experience, and the power of song, especially that song, always seems to elicit the emotions of the experience.
Thankfully Alexa met me at the gate of school tonight, so I was able to leave my sunglasses on. I had composed myself well-before I arrived at the school, but Lord knows the state of my eye make-up by that point. I was looking forward to spending the evening with Alexa; she always seems to be the perfect cure-all for the moments of sadness.
My commute tomorrow afternoon will be music-free...I think the Cardinals have a 5:05 (AZ time) start time for their game. Thank goodness for Sirius XM!
| So many memories of PCH....what a happy little trooper! |
No comments:
Post a Comment