Saturday, July 13, 2013

Uncommon Free Time

Damon and Alexa took off today for a quick trip to Fresno to attend his nephew's baptism, but I wasn't able to make the trip, as it's the busiest time of the year for me due to the fiscal year closing.  They return on Monday evening, giving me an opportunity to focus on work this weekend, but it's more than enough time for me to miss them....especially my sidekick Alexa.  Aside from the time apart at work and school, the two of us seemingly do everything together, so a couple of days without her will be a definite shock to my normal routine.

Damon had to laugh, as en route to the airport, Alexa sighed from the backseat and exclaimed, "I am just so tired all of the time, and I don't know why."  Hmm....that sounds very familiar, but I'm always able to cite the Alexa-factor as the reason for my fatigue.  That girl really goes 100mph from the time she wakes up until the time she goes to bed.  Today was no exception, as she hopped from gymnastics to swimming to the airport, with a break in between for a quick trip to Target.

After dropping of Damon and Alexa at the airport this afternoon, I immediately began to work, so their absence went seemingly unnoticed.  However, it was a different story when I wrapped up my work-related activities for the night; I had no idea what to do with my free time!  I decided to get in a nice, long much-needed workout, followed by an extended walk with Altott before it became too dark.  I'm not sure Alstott was too appreciative of  the 1:1 time, as he curled up and slept as soon as we returned from the long walk.

Who knows what will be on the docket tomorrow....aside from work, of course.
Finally taking a break tonight....lounging in a chair a little too small. :)

1 comment:

  1. Connie, finally caught up on the week of blogs and laughed and cried through some of them. I was going to take my laptop on vacation but I just wanted "down" time and a break from everything, but once we were in Michigan I missed reading your daily blogs. Wish I were thee to give all of you a big hug. Love Joanne

    ReplyDelete