After what seemed like the longest four days of our lives, we received the results of the biopsy. Grant has been diagnosed with a relatively rare type of brain tumor known as pilomyxoid astrocytoma. The course of treatment will start pretty quickly - - Grant is having surgery tomorrow morning to implant a portacath in his chest and his first of ten weekly chemotherapy sessions will begin shortly thereafter.
Despite everything the little guy has experienced in the first four-months of his life, he continues to be a happy and social baby. I cannot tell you how many staff at Phoenix Children's Hospital have popped into his room to see the cute baby they've heard so much about. During one session of the daily rounds, Grant was tagged as the most popular patient on the floor.
Just a week ago last Sunday, we had Grant's three-month photo session. Although he was a tired little guy that morning from an all-nighter, the photographer was able to capture some great shots of him (& Alexa).


What would hova do?
ReplyDeleteBET THE HOUSE ON G-MAN!
ReplyDeleteRooting for you everyday little man!!! had that same cocktail so if mom and dad need to vent they can always call me.
ReplyDeleteLots of love
Summer
Connie - You, Grant, and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers. These pictures are beautiful! Sending you lots of love from the Lou.
ReplyDeleteJanie
Hey Little Buddy,
ReplyDeleteI feel so blessed that I was able to hold you for those few moments last month; while I got instructions for watching Miss Alexa. I loved the way you looked up at me! You are one beautiful boy and these pictures are adorable of you and sissy. Your family and me are constantly in my thoughts. Auntie Gia has kept me up on your updates. Lukey and I pray before lunch and nap for you! Sending you guys love!
Jenna Gavroian
Your family and *you
DeleteDear Grant,
ReplyDeleteYou keep up the good work buddy and keep those doctors and nurses in line.
Greg,
Friend of your Uncle Larry
Grant and family,
ReplyDeleteStay strong little buddy. Of courses those nurses fell for you...I did the first time I babysat you:) Miss you all! See you soon!