We had a nice Saturday at home today - the highlight being a walk around the neighborhood so Alexa could point out all of the neighbors' Halloween decorations to Nana Hovey and myself. Given her enthusiasm, I think I will be doing a lot of shopping on November 1st (clearance prices!) to make sure we can compete with the neighbors' next year. Grant enjoyed the walk as well, as his eyes were wide open and checking out the scenery the entire time. I really miss being able to take Grant out to more places, but we just cannot take any chances with his compromised immune system. I must admit I was smiling wistfully at a six-month old baby during Alexa's gymnastics class today, thinking that it would have been cute to see Grant interact with a fellow baby. I know his time will come someday though....
While Nana Hovey put Grant through his workout regimen, I took advantage of the time to carve the pumpkin we bought last night. Alexa wanted a 'Hello Kitty' Halloween design, and I'm happy to report that I was able to fulfill her wishes (only cutting myself two times - - I consider that a success). 'Hello Kitty' is now added to my pumpkin carving resume that includes Dora the Explorer, Mickey Mouse and the St. Louis Cardinals logo. I'm glad to have the practice, because I have a feeling I will be carving two pumpkins next year to satisfy the requests of both Alexa and Grant. ;)
 |
| Ready for a safari...or hanging out on the back patio. |
 |
Relaxing to the sounds of the pool waterfall - -
looks like he needs a baby hammock. |
 |
| The Hello Kitty pumpkin...as requested by the Kelly family :) |
Show us a picture of the pumpkin!
ReplyDeleteIs Grant still taking good care of Nana Hovey? Can't wait to see you, Little Guy! - Uncle Andrew
ReplyDeleteNice pumpkin! We still haven't carved ours!
ReplyDelete