Grant was a very sleepy guy today, an expected side effect of yesterday's round of chemotherapy. In the periods he was awake, he was his normal smiley self (just for a much shorter time period than normal). It is funny to hear how much more vocal Grant has become within just the past few weeks - he ensures that everyone knows when he's awake by cooing and babbling (loudly). Grant is going to give Alexa a run for her money in the attention-grabbing performances department - he's definitely not slipping into the wallflower 2nd child syndrome. I have a feeling we'll have two kiddos fighting for center stage ;)
Damon & I have received a few questions about assessing the progress and effectiveness of the chemotherapy. Unfortunately, Grant will not undergo another MRI until the completion of the 10-weeks of chemo (trust me - - I wish we could check daily!). They'll do another MRI of his brain and spine at that time to make sure the chemo was effective in stopping the growth of the tumor (the goal of Phase I), and we won't have any idea of the effectiveness of treatment until then. Only if something seems awry will they perform a scan sooner. This cancer has already been and will continue to be an exercise in patience for all of us.....
 |
| Recovering from Round #2. |
 |
| A little sleepier than normal.... |
 |
| Spending lots of quality time with NeNe. |
No comments:
Post a Comment