Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Superman and the Mermaid

Happy Halloween!

Well, Grant's 1st Halloween did not turn out at all as I had expected.  Months ago when Alexa first asked for a mermaid costume, I envisioned Grant having a coordinating lobster or fish outfit.  Given everything that has gone on in the past few weeks, we decided to scrap that plan (especially since he couldn't go out trick-or-treating) and go with the most appropriate costume for this little guy - - Superman :)  Unfortunately, Superman was pretty tired from yesterday's chemo, so his only visible superpower was the ability to sleep soundly.

Our plan to take Alexa trick-or-treating with friends also had to be squelched because she continues to have a fever...ugh.  However, that did not damper her desire to make sure she and Grant were dressed up to surprise Damon when he came home.  The mermaid was waiting at the door, posing and sashaying her hips in the gorgeous costume.  I will have to recreate the sibling photos after the holiday, because they were kept apart today due to her fever.

My mom deserves all of the credit for Alexa's custom-made costume, as this was her 'project' when she was here to help for four-weeks.  When Alexa told me she wanted to be a pink and purple mermaid, I knew there was only one person to call to accomodate this request.  Halloween could not come soon enough for Alexa, as she's been dying to wear this sparkly creation that is every little girl's dream.  NeNe came through big-time, and I have a feeling I will have to bribe her to take off this costume to go to school or run errands now that the 'wait until Halloween' ban is lifted.

Super-Grant!
Showing off his utility belt (& enjoying some NG-free time
before inserting the new tube).
The pink & purple mermaid...I don't know how we'll
top this costume in future years!
Yes, this mermaid has a 102-degree fever.
Not sure where she gets her energy...

3 comments:

  1. Love the costumes! I am VERY impressed with your Mom's costume-making abilities! I think Superman is the perfect costume for Grant this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK seriously too cute
    You can ALL dress up and celebrate any night/every night!!!! Alexa looks adorable and Grant looks like a little stud!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Happy Halloween!!!!
    Nikki Pellegrino
    PS its not all its cracked up to be.... Mallory cried most of the night because of the costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful mermaid costume. Kudos to Grandma. I can see Grant wearing his to all his future treatments. YOu're right on with "appropriate". Kiss him for me.

    Jean

    ReplyDelete