As Grant's treatment has progressed, Damon and I are constantly trying to differentiate what behaviors and features are related to a side effect of the chemo versus those of a normal four-month old. We're probably over-scrutinizing everything on this poor little guy! Over the past few weeks, Grant has completely shunned the use of a pacifier (he had become hooked during his hospitalization) and a bottle - - he's fed 100% through the NG tube running at a constant 24/7 pace. It's an odd 'normal' to have a baby who never cries because he's hungry and never requires a bottle to be prepared. The doctors speculate the chemo has probably affected his sense of taste, so it will be interesting to see if he reverts after this first round of treatment is complete. I hope he does, because I'm not sure how he would be able to learn to crawl if he has to drag the drip-pole with him everywhere he goes.
Thankfully Alexa's fever broke last night, so she stayed at home today to make sure she is fever-free for 24 hours before going back to school. Her BFF stopped by after school with a cute pumpkin bag full of candy from last night's trick-or-treating. I definitely know Alexa's well enough to go back to school tomorrow, because I discovered the two girlfriends hanging out in her castle play tent binging on the Halloween candy - - there were open wrappers everywhere! Given our recent luck, she'll be home tomorrow with a stomach ache ;)
 |
| Enjoying some time in the swing tonight... |
 |
| Playing with his 'Sophie the Giraffe' collection. |
She and gabriella crack me up!!!
ReplyDelete