Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hovey Hospital

I think Alexa's illness earlier in the week has caught up to us - Damon and I were both a little under the weather today, and even Alexa went to bed much earlier than normal.  Thankfully, we have an arsenal of surgical masks and hand sanitizer that have appeared to help prevent Grant from catching the bug.  He just has a slight cold and runny nose - no fever (whew!).

Grant's becoming a much more active, and his hand-eye coordination is seemingly getting better.  He's grabbing at everything now, including the broviac port that's hanging out of his chest.  As I was changing his diaper at 4am today, I noticed he had pulled on the line and exposed a portion that's supposed to be housed under a dressing.  So, I had to wake up Damon to get his assistance changing the dressing in the wee hours of the morning.  This proved to be the easiest change yet, because I think even Grant was too tired to put up a fight against Damon restraining him.  I had to laugh during the dressing change because at one point I asked Damon to move Grant's double-chin out of the way....I've never used those words in the same sentence before.  Another good sign that he's putting on weight!
 
Mesmerized by the ceiling fan.


 Trying to keep his busy hands away from his chest.


Too tired to stay up for 'Sunday Night Football.'

1 comment:

  1. Damon and Connie,
    We want you to know that we are following Grant's blog everyday. I admire your strength and sense of humor despite this difficult time in your life. Grant is such an adorable boy. We hope that he continues to respond well to his chemotherapy treatments.

    Gail (Gavroian) Bedrosian, George, Grant and Brooke

    ReplyDelete