Thursday, November 22, 2012

Hanging Tough

Our little guy is one tough kid - - he's still hanging in here with us, and he is resting very comfortably in the bed.  The staff in PICU continues to be compassionate and respectful of us, providing us with a lot of flexibility and privacy.  At the suggestion of the PICU team, we are going to spend a lot of the day outside on a private patio at the hospital.  Damon scoped out the patio and made the decision that we'll have our Thanksgiving dinner with our entire family there.  Thankfully the Niehoff siblings are up to the challenge of preparing the meal and packing it 'to go', so we should have an enjoyable afternoon outside of the hospital room, surrounded by our immediate family.  Granty will be on the patio with us; one of the nurses is very excited to prepare his chariot (a Radio Flyer wagon) so that he can be moved comfortably and in style.  I'm so proud that my little boy is so tough; he continues to amaze and inspire us.

Pure Innocence.

20 comments:

  1. What a sweet, sweet picture of Grant. What an amazing little boy. Enjoy your Thanksgiving feast on the patio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a tough little guy! I know your Thanksgiving feast will be filled with love. We are thinking of you and praying for you and so amazed by each of you---especially Grant. Maybe Terri could whip up an ice cream roll for dessert?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is LOVE, he is so loved and that is what is keeping him with you! May you have a beautiful day today and may little Grant enjoy some sunshine on that adorable little face! Hugs to Grant and all! Love, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This picture of Granty is beautiful. Connie and Damon, you guys are amazingly strong - I can see where Granty gets it from (well from Alexa too!)! We are continuing to pray for you all. May your family enjoy every single moment together in the warmth of the sun outside and especially in the warmth of your family.
    Love,
    Jen, Mike, Matthew, Jarrod, and Josh Searle

    ReplyDelete
  5. we are thinking of you most of all this thanksgiving. sending love and a kiss for sweet baby grant.

    nithya, brady & maya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Granty is a fighter! He must feel all of your love. What a beautiful boy. He looks so peaceful. He is our angel. I'm thankful that both of your families are with you today. Praying that our little champ continues to be comfortable. More time to cuddle... Love you, Auntie Gail and Uncle Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a tough little guy. It is amazing that something that looks that angelic can be so tough and have so much fight. I have no doubt that he gets that fight from both sides of his family. Glad you will be able to spend Thanksgiving with him and your families. Praying that he is comfortable and that you are all able to enjoy this day as much as possible. Love you all, Ashley, Dave, and Madi

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an amazing picture that I am sure you will always treasure. May your family enjoy this day you are able to spend together. I continue to pray for Grant. He has shown so much strength and a strong will, much of what I have seen in Alexa, it must be a family trait. Sending additional love, prayer, and thoughts your way. LeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet picture. Pure Innocence is right. Stay strong little man!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is such a cutie and he is like an angel when he sleeps. For this Thanksgiving I am thankful to have such a wonderful baby cousin, Grant. My brother Daron and I sometimes fight over little things, that really do not make a difference in life, but Grant has taught me to show love and respect towards him and every body else always. I love you very much Grant and Alexa. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
    With Love Always,
    Cousin Sophene


    ReplyDelete
  11. We are a family of broken hearts.

    Johnny, Karen, Sarah, Megan and Alex

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing, inspiring family. You astound me with your grace. You are teaching us all to strive to be kinder. I send love and light on a day of thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been thinking about you guys all day. I hope that you had some good eats! That's a great picture of your sweet little guy. I'm glad that you've all been surrounded by such a strong, loving family. Will be keeping you all in my thoughts.
    -Sara (Lawrence)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a precious picture! I hope today was a beautiful day for you all! Lots of love! Xoxo
    Miss Hali

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Thanksgiving to our beautiful family. Grant has truly given a new meaning to this day. Our sweet little boy has opened our eyes to the gift of life, the meaning of family and friends and to never ever take anything for 'grant'ed. We are thankful that Grant was put on this earth for this very reason. He is and will be forever our Thanksgiving angel. We wish we could have been there with you to share this very special day. Please know that our thoughts were with you all day and we were there in spirit. We are so happy you got to spend this day together as a family. Champ Grant is one amazing kiddo!

    We love you all so much.

    Gia, Andrew & Luke

    ReplyDelete
  16. P.S. The picture you posted of Grant is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. What an angel!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful boy... Sending Love to all of you!! God Bless Love Ralph , Janet , Kasper & Josh

    ReplyDelete
  18. perfect angel. still thinking & prayer for you guys. Love The Mantione Family

    ReplyDelete
  19. What amazing strength and love. Tommy shared puctures of your beautiful day. Such love and continued grace. You are in my constant thoughts and prayers. Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  20. i'll always remember that wagon and his giraffe blanket.

    ReplyDelete