Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Rally Boy

Grant's condition deteriorated pretty quickly last night, so we will not be going home but rather spending his final time in the comfort of PICU.  Damon and I have been with him, holding him, all night and day.  He continues to be a fighter until the very end - - every time his vitals have dropped to critical levels, he rallies each time.  There's no doubt that he's in his final moments, but it's nice to see our little Champ still has his perseverance.  The attending PICU doctor came in as I held him on my chest, and he said he was convinced Granty was hanging around because he was enjoying the love and cuddling he's been getting.  There's no doubt that this boy is loved - - the stream of visitors (especially medical personnel and staff) over the past few days has been unlike anything the PICU nurses have seen before.  The views and comments on the blog have touched Damon and myself, and further reiterate how much our little Granty is loved.

20 comments:

  1. Grant your girlfriend will never replace you! XOXO Love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, my heart aches for you and Damon. I can't begin to imagine the pain you two must be feeling. Even though we are in Stt. Louis, I am sending lots of hugs your way. Everyone I know has Grant on their prayer list. You are on our minds and in our hearts. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I have had many tears today, I smiled when I read that Granty is living for his name "Grant the Champ."What a fighter!" Hes so lucky to have had your love Damon, Connie and Alexa as well as love from his Hovy-Neihoff Family. Your angel will always be our angel. Praying he is comfortable, and praying for all of you to get throuugh this horrible time any way you can. We love you. Auntie Gail and Uncle Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy you have this time to hold and cuddle baby Grant. He gets his fighting spirit from his parents. You guys have been fighting for your little boy from the get go. Your family will always be in my prayers. I wish I could put my arms around you all and make things better. Enjoy your time with your little guy. Gods speed. Love and tears. Philip and Florence

    ReplyDelete
  5. Connie and Damon,

    My heart is breaking for you!

    Savor every moment with your angel and when he has his wings rest assured he will be in your heart forever.

    We love you. Send our love to Damon and lots of hugs to Alexa.

    Love, Erica, Kevin, Ben and Joey

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a strong angel you will have protecting you some day. I am amazed at your strength and eloquence during this difficult time, but the story is not that of a boy who will kick cancer but rather one that has captured the hearts of many and teach us to love a little harder, push through the tough times like a hero. You and your husband are an amazing team and Grant was lucky to have you both as parents. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You all continue to be in our hearts and prayers. I am so sad to read about how Grant is doing. He really is a fighter. I am sure he feels all the love around him.
    Lots of love,
    Nikki Pellegrino

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grant truly has been a gift from God for your family.
    God Bless you all and God Bless his soul.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am devastated, heart broken as you are after reading little Grant's update, I will pray that his journey to his final resting place is as peaceful and comfortable as can be. I so hoped for, prayed for a miracle but his spirit, soul, heart is needed somewhere else other than here on Earth, God and the Higher Spirits must have something Grand for little Grant! All my love to little Grant and to all of your family. Love, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love you all SO much!! Give Alexa loving from Miss Hali! Xoxo We all are SO blessed to have Granty in our lives. He has had a huge impact on your lives and he will continue to. Much love! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are in my constant thoughts and prayers. Gwen- Tommy's mom.

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are no words Connie, no words. Grant is as strong as you and Damon and through his strength he is showing you how much he wants to stay with you. He is giving you all that you have given him, love, strength, perseverance, how to be brave, loyalty, a sense of family, and courage. He's so young and already he's a boy with such a rich soul, one that has touched many and he has intertwined himself to your families heart so he will always be with you. Grant is a prince...kiss him often and hold him close. Love, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  13. wrapping you up in prayers and peace from God above. asking for our Heavenly Father to hold you all close, under his wings. Connie- the amazing Love that you all have for Grant shines through in each sentence. Grant will be carried in your heart always.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Damon, Connie, Alexa and Baby Grant,

    We love you guys very much and I cannot tell you how much we are thinking of you right now. We are praying for you.

    The Sabatowskis

    ReplyDelete
  15. Still thinking of you constantly, and hoping you are getting some sleep. This is so hard, but Grant is showing that he is a determined and resilient Hovannisian boy. He will leave this earth when he is good and ready! Bless him, Grandma Siroon has a little longer to wait for her little "utty-wutty". Love Cheryl and Leon

    ReplyDelete
  16. Our prayers and thoughts continue for little Grant and your entire family Connie. Just when we think we have God figured out - He throws a curve ball. However, the Creator of all things is more than capable of taking care of us, even during the very difficult times. Remember that Jesus loves the little children. He gave us His word on that. Matt 19:14

    The Klotz Family

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happened upon your blog,please know that although we've never met your family is in our thoughts today and we are sending little Grant loving energy for a safe and peaceful journey.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wish I could say words of wisdom, words that will express how sad I am for your pain. I have learned of your story through Erica Hoenig and been just so touched by you and your son. I wish you all of the strength that you will need to get through, it is unimaginable what you must be going through.
    I am sending you lots of love from one mom to another... know that there is a world of parents out there who are all thinking of you..
    Regina Wootan, Boston- Massachusetts

    ReplyDelete
  19. Connie and Damon,
    You are in our thoughts and prayers. I know Grants final days will be filled with family and love.
    Your Blogs have been so honest, open and inspirational. You have made all of your extended family fell very connected and very close to you and your family. The pictures of Grant were just beautiful. I will never forget his wonderful smile.

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  20. Connie and Damon,
    You truly have the strength of God in you to stay strong for that beautiful son you have. Grant is resting comfortably in the arms of the most loving parents and he struggles leaving but when he does he will feel peace and be an angel to you for the rest of your lives.......he will never leave you. God bless you both and may God bless Grant. Prayers and thoughts are with you all.
    Trish King

    ReplyDelete