Sunday, November 11, 2012

Mr. Alexa Hovannisian?

Since Damon had taken Wednesday and Thursday off while I was in LA, he unfortunately had to work today, so I had the opportunity to spend more quality time with the two kiddos.  After lunch, Alexa was asking me about some of my wedding photos, and I even pulled my boxed dress out of storage so that she could see it in its preserved state.  She loved the sparkles on the bodice of the dress (my favorite part too) and asked if she could wear the dress someday when she gets married.  I asked her if she had anyone in mind, and after I shot down her initial choice of Gabriella, she decided that she wanted to marry Grant.  She said (and I quote), "He's so handsome and cute and I already love him so much." 

Obviously I don't want her to marry her brother (lol), but it makes me so happy that she sees absolutely nothing wrong with her beloved baby brother.  Alexa mimics me talking to him (hence the 'Handsome' comment) and loves to play with him when he's on the floor.  She is really unfazed by the NG tube, the masks we wear when we're sick and the frequency of his doctors' appointments.  I hope we can keep it like this for a long time to come, as Alexa's been the one to provide the basis for our sense of normalcy (not to mention sanity) despite the circumstances.  :)

G's not too happy to be posing for pictures tonight - -
Alexa is another story, mugging for the camera.
(She is definitely Damon's daughter!)
Scoping out the monkey....and beating him in a stare-off.
Showing off his "guns."

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Even though Alexa is blonde, this picture of her reminds us of DDamon when he was her age...maybe it's the expressions...makes us laugh! It's so sweet what comes out of the mouths of children. It's so great you are writing this stuff down. Because one day, when Grant ruins one of her Princess Dolls, you can remind Alexa of how she loves her handsome brother and that she wanted to marry him. Please give both kids hugs and kisses from Auntie Gail and Uncle Bruce. Enjoy every minute, even at 2am! You are always in our thoughts and prayers. Love, Auntie Gail

    ReplyDelete