Round #6 is complete! Grant's blood counts looked good today, so he was a 'go' for the dosage of Vincristine today. I had expected a short appointment today because Grant was only being administered one drug, but somehow that never seems to come to fruition. The new computerized check-in system at clinic didn't flag that we were there, so we waited over an hour in the waiting room to be taken back for vitals. By the time we went through all of the normal appointment procedures - vitals, blood draw, visit and examination by the Oncologist, broviac dressing change and review of blood counts - Grant was one worn-out little boy! I set him in his carseat while we waited for the chemo med, and he did not move a muscle before, during nor after the chemo. The nurse said he was her easiest patient ever!
He mustered up some energy for the car ride home (his exposure to the outside world), but he has been pretty zonked out the rest of the day. I didn't want to wake him for pictures, so the photos I took with my Blackberry at clinic will have to suffice for today. I'm hoping his deep slumber will last through the night; but I have a feeling he'll be ready to go at 1am (lucky me!).
 |
Waiting for the nurse to administer the chemo med today;
he looks like he's sleeping in a La-Z-Boy. |
 |
| Post-Vincristine. I don't think he moved a muscle. |
No comments:
Post a Comment