Today's treatment was a little more hectic than normal. As we were meeting with the doctor and waiting for the blood counts, I noticed my phone was buzzing steadily. Thank goodness I decided to check my voicemail; the calls were from Alexa's school, advising that she had a 102-degree fever that was rising. Oye. Nana Hovey stayed with Grant as I drove back to North Scottsdale, picked up Alexa from school and drove back to Phoenix to pick up Grant and Nana. I should have taken a picture, because I had both of my little munchkins in the back seat wearing their kiddie surgical masks. I felt bad about not being there for Grant's infusion, but I think Alexa would have flipped out had anyone else come to get her. Thankfully Grant didn't seem to notice nor mind, as he slept during the entire infusion.
Alexa did get into the pediatrician this afternoon, and it does appear she has some sort of virus. Because she still has a fever, it's imperative that we keep the two kiddos separated. I'm glad the layout of our house is conducive to this - - Alexa's taken over the master suite and Grant's on the other side of the house in his bedroom and in the living room. This should be an interesting few days, as Alexa will be home from school; I guess we're 'lucky' Grant will be pretty sleepy and lethargic.
I'm a little disappointed Alexa and her BFF won't be able to wear their matching Armenia and Italia shirts to school tomorrow (it would have been cute), but at least it does take me off the hook for the pilaf....;)
| Relaxing in the glider this evening - reminds me of 'The 40 Year Old Virgin' movie promo. lol |
| Grant in his snazzy button-up (stunned by the flash). |
| Down for the count.... |
Wow The Hovey kids are definately testing their parents. Sure hope Alexa isn't to sick so that she can atleast watch the Trick or Treaters come to your door. We continue to pray that "Grant the Champ" sleeps through this 4th round of chemo. Thank goodness Nana Hovey was there to stay with him when the Hovey ambulance picked Alexa up. (I'm sure seeing her Mommy was great medicine). Hang in there Mom and Dad...and Nana too. Grant looks so handsome in his new outfit! You are always in our thoughts and prayers. xoxo Auntie Gail
ReplyDelete