Sunday, October 21, 2012

Lazy Sunday

This was another great weekend (with the exception of the outcome of tonight's StL Cardinals game); nothing eventful, just run-of-the-mill family life.  It makes life seem kind of normal again - gymnastics and swimming lessons for Alexa, football on tv, etc...  Today did have an added bonus, as some of our friends stopped by with an authentic Italian meal of baked pasta and meatballs - Damon's in heaven thanks to the Mantione family.  It was like a flashback to our days in New Jersey!
Grant's been alert and is grabbing at everything - he really seems like a typical four-month old.  He still has nystagmus (bouncing of the eyes), but that is the only visible sign of the tumor.  It will be interesting to see if this condition starts to dissipate as the treatment continues and pressure in his brain is relieved - we're all hoping there will be no lasting effect upon his vision.  The manner in which he's grabbing is giving us a lot of hope, as he appears to see the objects around him pretty well.  Fingers are crossed!

Such a happy little guy!
Damon at his favorite role....Daddy :)
Grant plays with Boo - a gift from one of our neighbors. 
I think he's enjoying a dog that's not sniffing nor licking for formula.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Baby Grant,

    I can't wait for you to get better so we can play together at Bobby & Nana's house. I even promise to share Bobby Vernon's tractor with you. :-) I can't wait to see you, I miss you.

    Love you,
    Cousin Luke

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO happy for you all. I need to come visit soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Damon Connie Alexa and Grant,Its so heart warming to read Connies posts every night. God bless our little Grant . You and your family is in my prayers every night.Just wanted to say hello to all of you. God bless you all. Auntie Marian

    ReplyDelete