Thursday, October 18, 2012

Slowly But Surely

Grant was tired again today, but not nearly as lethargic as yesterday.  He was awake for much longer periods today and resumed his normal exercise routine with his "personal trainer" NeNe.  It's really amazing to watch him when he's awake - - he pops out of sleep (no gradual wake-up period here) and starts smiling and babbling immediately. 

Today was the longest day I've spent in the office in weeks, and I have to admit I missed the little guy.  I've definitely been spoiled by the time I have been able to spend with him.  It's impossible to be in a bad mood when you're around him, and the illness has put an entirely new perspective on everything in our lives.  I don't know if Damon and I will ever be able to teach this little guy as much as he's taught us in his first four months of life.  :)

Grant's awake to check the score of the Cardinals-Giants game (Go Cards!)
Grant's best feature - the big, beautiful blue eyes.

3 comments:

  1. Although his eyes are beautiful. Not necessarily his best feature

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nana Carol has big shoes to fill in the personal training department next week. Go NeNe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is unbelievable how much our kids can teach us. and i agree-when you're around them, its impossible to be in a bad mood and not smile. kids are truly a blessing.

    ReplyDelete