Alexa was in rare-form when I picked her up from Aftercare tonight; tomorrow is a half day of school and the official end of the school year, so the kids were bouncing off the walls tonight. So much for a relaxing evening at home... After dinner, the two of us colored, practiced her letters and even made Fruit Loop necklaces with pipe cleaners. Yes, I've already tapped into the summer arts & crafts project stash, a must-have in Arizona, and it's only the beginning of June. It's going to be a long summer!
Tomorrow is going to be another busy day, as it is Damon's birthday. Alexa was busy planning tomorrow night's celebration, and I didn't have the heart to tell her that Damon's birthday routine is pretty well-established. Fried chicken for dinner (the one time a year we have it) and Baskin Robbins ice cream cake. Alexa's vision of pancakes with strawberries with whipped cream will have to wait at least another year.
| Alexa and the two June birthday boys - Granty on the 3rd and Damon on the 5th. |
Happy Birthday, Damon!
ReplyDelete