Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Seven Long Months....

Seven months...gosh I miss my little guy.  Even though my memories of his nearly six-months of life are extremely vivid, it seems like so much longer than seven months since he was with us.

Several weeks one of my co-workers came into my office as soon as she arrived at work.  She looked absolutely spent, and I could tell her eyes were slightly puffy from crying.  The first thing she said was, "I don't know how you do it; you are so strong."  Apparently she started to think about Grant as she drove to work that morning, and she told me she started bawling as thought about my little Granty.  When made her normal stop for an iced tea, she had to go inside to try to compose herself and wipe the running makeup from her face.  As she recounted her story, I had to smile....I could definitely relate, as I cannot count the number of times I have had weepy drives to and from work.  Like I told my co-worker, I am sad every day.  There's not an hour that goes by that I don't think about Granty in some capacity; I lost a piece of my heart the day I lost him.

Even though seven months have passed, I continue to be humbled and honored by the support our family receives, the charitable actions that are done in Granty's honor, the wonderful notes, emails, and texts...  It's comforting to know that Grant's life affected so many people in such a profound and ongoing way.  His legacy is so well-preserved and cherished; in many ways, his life began on November 25th.  What a remarkable little boy!

Never without his signature grin.....



1 comment:

  1. I never met Granty but I must say he has deeply touched my life. Love Joanne

    ReplyDelete