Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Happy (partial) Birthday, Damon!

Happy Birthday, Damon!

Damon was greeted bright and early this morning by a very enthusiastic Alexa wishing him a happy birthday. I don't even think he had his eyes open before she proudly thrust a gift in his face - - a Fruit Loop necklace, one that was extra-special because it was two pipe cleaners long to ensure it was big enough for Damon's neck.  Not surprisingly, I think Alstott also took a keen interest in the necklace, hoping Damon would accidentally leave it on the bed.  Thankfully, it made it to a high shelf in Damon's closet.  The birthday was off to a good start!

I called Damon before I left the office today, and I could tell he was looking forward to dinner tonight.  Afterall, this is the one time a year that he gets to satisfy his hankering for fried chicken.  He had called the restaurant and found out its fried chicken was part of the $5 Happy Hour special from 4:30 until 6:30 - score!  Damon and Alexa happily enjoyed their chicken (an impressive deal at 2 pieces + a biscuit), whereas I was the high-maintenance person with a taco and $6 arugula salad. :)  Towards the end of dinner, I could tell Alexa was starting to get tired - - her eyes began to close as she ate the final few bites of her chicken.

Within minutes of getting into the car, I looked in the rearview mirror and saw Alexa was sound asleep; she barely moved as Damon carried her into the house.  So....Damon's much-anticipated Baskin Robbins ice cream cake sat untouched in the freezer.  Alexa would have been crushed if we ate the cake without her.  Thankfully, he is off work tomorrow night too, so it looks like we'll finalize the birthday celebration tomorrow night. 

Part I of Damon's birthday was a great success, and I'm looking forward to Part II tomorrow!

Happy Birthday, Damon!




2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Day Day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Damon. Was it as good as Grandma's fried chicken?

    Love to all,
    Ani

    ReplyDelete