I wasn't surprised that Alexa fell asleep rather early (and hard) this evening. The sun rises so early in the morning, and Alexa's morning wake-up has transitioned with the early daylight. Like I do every Saturday, I asked Alexa who she wanted to take her to swimming and gymnastics lessons. You can imagine my surprise when she responded "Daddy" (the first time!), and thankfully Damon was kind enough to fulfill her request and take her to her Saturday lessons. I took full advantage of the free time, heading to Target and the grocery store solo; it's quite a luxury to go alone, knowing I will have no whining nor requests to buy things.
After her lessons, we continued our normal Saturday routine of spending a lot of time in the backyard pool. When I was at the grocery store today, I bought two pink pool noodles ($1 each!), and they were a definite hit with Alexa in the pool. In addition to its floating ability, Alexa soon discovered the pool noodle had functionality like a whale's blow hole, and she was using the noodle to blow in one side and spray water out the other. She must have laughed hysterically for 20 minutes as she showed off her new tricks and doused me with water. I must say, sometimes the pool can seem like a money pit, but we have definitely taken full advantage of it this summer and are having an absolute blast. Activities are very limited when it's consistently over 110-degrees outside; I love having a kid who can swim! :)
| Swimming like a pro and enjoying my $1 find. |
| Who needs to float when you can use the noodle to spray water? |
No comments:
Post a Comment