She was also wearing one of the day's art projects when I picked her up this afternoon - a "Who Do I Love" necklace made with colored Popsicle sticks. I was relieved to see that both Damon and I made the list (whew!), in addition to BFF Gabriella, a friend Isabella and cousin Abby. However, I was both amused and perplexed by the last stick of the necklace - - apparently Alexa loves monkeys. Interesting. I wasn't sure if I should laugh or be offended that primates trumped her beloved Granty and puggle Alstott. She did tell me that she couldn't fit everyone (like cousin Katie or NeNe) on the necklace, so I'll chalk up the omission of Granty to space too. I think it was just too hard to limit the people she loves to six. Nevertheless, I think this necklace is definitely one I will keep and show her again when she's eighteen....I just hope Damon and I will still make the list. lol
| The necklace...I'm still wondering about the monkeys. |
![]() |
| Proof of Alexa doing challenging work - sent to me by her teacher. Alexa has quite the team encouraging her academics. |

NO BROTHERS OR MATTIE ON GABRIELLA'S EITHER BUT ALEXA,KIRA & GABBY ALL MADE THE CUT....LOL!!!
ReplyDeleteInteresting, I remember my mother hating monkeys and I must say I can think of much cuter animals than monkeys, but everyone has a different view of animals. Hats off to you Alexa! Love Joanne
Delete