Thursday, June 13, 2013

Good Buddies

Yesterday's lack of update was unintentional - - after I finished my treadmill run last night, I fell asleep laying on top of the duvet, wearing my running shoes.  Thankfully Damon woke me up when he got home from work, and I was able to properly get ready for bed.  Oy.

My how my Thursday routine has changed.  Thursdays used to involve pickup up Alexa from school exactly at 5:30pm so we could go straight to swimming lessons with no time in between.  This usually minimized the crying and whining I would hear about the pending lesson.  This was definitely not the hightlight of my week...  Now, she can barely contain her excitement for swimming lessons, and I cannot get her to the pool fast enough.  What a remarkable (and much more pleasant) change!

When we came home from swimming lessons tonight, of course Alstott was overjoyed to see us.  During the past few months, the relationship between Alstott and Alexa has evolved.  Alstott used to view Alexa as more of a nuisance, only wanting to be around her when she had food.  Alstott, half pug and half beagle, would do anything for food, even if it meant befriending a girl he normally avoided.  However, I don't know exactly what has transpired in the last few months, but these two are now quite the duo.  Alstott has no problem sidling up to Alexa, and she will pet him the entire time he's next to her.  Tonight the two of them were cuddled together on the couch watching "Doc McStuffins" and there was not a crumb of food in sight.  It's always nice to see the first-born pet and first-born child getting along - no competition between these #1's. :)

That was then......
(Kind of amazing how much Granty and Alexa resemble each other;
Alexa obviously had a bit more hair than Granty).
This is now.  What a difference four years makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment