I looked on the Internet to find a restaurant in Scottsdale with frog legs, but one of the few that pulled up on a Google search was a French restaurant with a $40-$60 price point....uh, no. Something tells me the reality of frog legs may not be as appealing as the concept for a four year-old. I told Damon I had a feeling I would be able to find a Southern (and cheaper) approach to frog legs in St. Louis. Sure enough, a quick Internet search pulled up Pat's Bar & Grill in Dogtown (a neighborhood in St. Louis) - - - $12 for a frog leg dinner with side dishes, and Pat's advertises itself as kid-friendly. Perfect! Looks like our next trip to St. Louis will include a trip to Pat's, conveniently located across from Turtle Park and the St. Louis Zoo! I am very curious to see the end-result of this food experience; I figure anything deep-fried has a chance of passing the taste test. Worst case, I spend $12 and never have to hear the frog leg dinner suggestion again :).
Today Alexa and Grant have a new baby cousin....my sister Karen welcomed a daughter, Alana. Alexa is extremely excited to be the "big cousin" for once (for a few months, she was asserting the baby would be her little sister...thankfully, she now understands the cousin relationship), and I know Granty will be watching over his younger cousin.
| Breakfast for dinner suddenly doesn't seem as adventurous...... |
Connie, Uncle Mike loves frog legs. I did make them once (similar to a chicken leg, Ugh DARK MEAT--NEVER for JOJO. They are just a tad sweeter than chicken but I myself found it very disgusting just cooking them much less thinking of what had been attached. Well, to each his own. Love Joanne
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to Karen and family. Another baby to love! Ne-Ne and Papa Niehoff must be thrilled to welcome baby Alana to their beautiful group of grandchildren! Vernon and Carol Hovannisian
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to Karen! I am sure Alexa will be a wonderful big cousin. When are you coming in to meet Alana? We'll volunteer to go to Pat's with you, but I am NOT getting frog legs. ;)
ReplyDeleteFrog legs....interesting choice. Dominic doesn't get any more adventurous with food beyond pesto pasta from Trader Joe's. Ha! Pat's is a great place to go. I've been there, but it's been several years. Let me know when you guys come into town. We miss you!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to Karen, Kevin, Christian and Marie!