Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day!  Today was another one of those bittersweet days....I know both Damon and I couldn't help but think about last year's celebration when Granty was just two-weeks old  (and just a few days removed from his first PICU stay).  It's still unreal to think that we were able to celebrate with two kiddos last year and now there's only one with whom to spend the day.

Despite the underlying sadness, we did make the best of the day and enjoyed some quality family time together.  We made Damon a special breakfast of waffles, strawberries and whipped cream (this was Alexa's second choice, after I ix-nayed her suggestion that Damon would enjoy a box of Fruity Pebbles for breakfast).  The sous chef at Damon's restaurant texted him to let Damon know a shipment of live lobsters had arrived.  Alexa has been nearly as fixated with lobsters as she has been with frog legs, so, of course, we had to take a trip to Wildfish so she could see (& play with) the fresh catch.  I know Alexa's favorite part of the day, or maybe a close second after the Magnolia Bakery banana pudding I made for dessert, was the afternoon swim - - this was one of the rare times that all three of us were together in the pool.

All in all, it was a great, relaxing day focused on family.  Although I cannot tell you how many times I wished there was one more member with us.....

Damon and his girl, enjoying their bowls of banana pudding.
Having fun at Wildfish with the live lobsters; rubber bands
stayed on their claws (& she didn't touch the background knives!).


1 comment:

  1. Just caught up on the blogs for the past three days and I thought mine were tough...NO WAY!! Granty will never be far from any of us and I only hope that Alexa stays focused on how much she loves her brother. Damon, Happy Father Day!Love, Mike & Joanne

    ReplyDelete