I heard her coming into our room at 3am today, and I will admit that I did "fake sleep" in the hope that she'd simply go back to her bedroom. No such luck. Within a minute, the whisper of "Mommy....Hi, Mommy" could be heard as she stood at the foot of the bed, dragging the huge floppy giraffe with her. This visit was purely a social visit; she simply wanted to see me and asked me to come into her room and lay with her (there was a reason behind getting her a Queen-size bed). Damon woke up as he heard the two of us, and Alexa, who apparently morphs into Ms. Manners in the middle of the night, said, "Hi, Daddy. Don't worry - - I'll get you in the morning. Mommy is going to come with me now, but don't worry...I will be sure to come and say "Hi" to you when it's morning time. Right now, I'm just seeing Mommy." At 3am I couldn't bear to argue with her polite (and rather mature) disposition; I grabbed the giraffe and lugged it to her bedroom, with my loyal pup Alstott not too far behind.
On a separate note......I am excited and honored to announce yet another wonderful event being done in Grant's memory. My brother-in-law Larry (sister Terri's husband) will be running the Milwaukee Brewers Mini-Marathon in September. Fan loyalty aside, this is a wonderful event that raises money for the MACC fund, which supports research in the fight against childhood cancer. If you would like to sponsor Larry, the here's the link to his fundraising page: http://www.race-brewers.com/BrewersCampaign2013/RunForGrant. Larry is a HUGE St. Louis Cardinals fan, so I know that he is doing this solely as a tribute to his nephew....I don't think it's the chance to win Brewers prizes nor an opportunity to hold the finish line for a Sausage Race that’s driving his participation and fundraising for this event. Thank you, Larry, for doing this; it means so much to Damon and myself.
| Trying to bring Granty into her "No Sleep" club... :) |
This post brought a huge smile to my face as Tony and I laughed reading about Alexa's oh-so-polite visit. You and Damon are wonderful parents!
ReplyDelete