Alexa was quite the inquisitive one tonight; I felt like I had a reporter in the back seat as we drove to swimming lessons. She was asking some of the most random questions - - where her swim coach Devin lives, whether Devin has a pool at her house, asking if she could take figure skating lessons, wondering if Granty could see her swimming while he's in heaven (of course he can).... I was exhausted by the time we got to swimming lessons and was looking forward to 30 question-free minutes.
Her inquiries didn't stop at swim, as the questions continued when we went out to dinner for our usual Thursday night post-swim dinner. As she sat in Paradise Bakery eating her chicken noodle soup (yes, it's 110-degrees here and Alexa wanted soup for dinner), she began peppering me with questions about my life. She wanted to know the name of my school I attended when I was young, the name of my family dog, and I nearly spit out my water when she asked me if I ever had a boyfriend. Oy. I told her I had some boyfriends growing up (she pressed for a few names, and I began laughing as I thought about some of them...to my defense, I was young!) but that Damon was my last boyfriend. To that comment she asked, "Why aren't your boyfriends around anymore? Daddy doesn't have to be your last boyfriend." Oh goodness...I don't think Damon will appreciate that comment. I have a feeling Alexa will be enrolled in Sunday School at St. Apkar's very soon - - lol
| Inquiring minds want to know..... |
Does the Armenian Apostolic Church have a convent? If not, I'm sure she can get in the same one where we send Abby and Katie... <3, Carolyn
ReplyDelete