Since it is a rarity for Damon to have off work two days in a row, we took advantage of our time together and both took Alexa to swimming. I really cannot get over the swimming transformation she's experienced. The girl who used to sob when I picked her up on Thursday nights is now the same girl who cannot leave the house soon enough to get to swimming lessons. I think she must have asked every two minutes starting a 5pm if it was time to leave for her 6pm lesson. I would swear I'm in one of the old-school Folgers commercials, and I'm waiting for someone to tell me they swapped my daughter with another child.... :) She was beaming from ear-to-ear during the entire lesson, obviously proud to have both of her parents watching her from behind the class. Even the manager of the swim school is in shock over the change in Alexa. Fourteen months of persistence does pay!
After a stop at the Chick-Fil-A drive-thru (our normal Thursday night grilled chicken dinner), we were finally able to celebrate Damon's birthday and partake in the much-anticipated ice cream cake. Damon and Alexa were in heaven!
Well, that concludes Damon's birthday celebration for this year...back to normal (and leftover ice cream cake) tomorrow!
| Damon's birthday - Part II (no matching outfits today) |
| A battle to see who could blow out the candles first. |
No comments:
Post a Comment