Saturday, June 8, 2013

Who's the Boss

Alexa has become very intrigued with the concept of bosses, asking both Damon and I about our bosses at work.  When we were watching a Cardinals game, she asked about Yadier Molina's boss, so I ended up explaining the concept of coaches, managers and umpires.  She talks about Ms. LeAnna and Ms. Suzie being the bosses at school, and Alexa has declared herself to be the "Boss of the Munchkins", a title I presume is self-imposed.

This morning she was joking with Damon that I am the boss of the house (for all intents and purposes, I am...lol) and the boss of him.  However, after she finally went to bed tonight, it didn't take me long to recognize who is the functional boss of our home....

My Saturday night, after spending two and a half hours in the pool this afternoon, included rousing games of Candyland (Alexa legitimately won) and the Disney Princess Enchanted Cupcake Game.  The cupcake game inspired Alexa to begin a session of dress-up and make-believe.  The next thing I knew, she was wearing a Tangled princess costume and Barbie high heels, pretending she was a princess and I was the princess' sister.  As the princess' sister, I was responsible for baking cookies, using leftover cookie dough in the refrigerator, for a tea party.  Even better, I was baking the cookies wearing 4" platform heels and running clothes - - I had put my foot down when Alexa proposed I change into a cocktail dress from my closet, so she settled for my purple patent heels.  My how my Saturday nights have changed from my pre-children days.....

As I put my pumps back in my closet, I began laughing to myself.....  Yes, there is no doubt who's the boss in this house.

The boss :)

1 comment:

  1. Connie, finally caught up on the week's blogs and I have to wish Damon a very "HAPPY BIRTHDAY". It
    sounded like a perfect day. I got a big kick out of the blog on bosses,she is learning at an early age, way to go. Happy to hear swimming is now fun, as Maddie, Makenna and I have been to the pool quite a few ties already. Makenna has now insisted she doesn't want to go off the dive, too scary! I can't figure it out as last year she was jumping over like a pro. I don't argue with a six year old, I know she do it in her own time. Love, Joanne

    ReplyDelete