Saturday, February 23, 2013

A Must-Buy

Today was a much-anticipated Saturday for Alexa (and myself)....this afternoon was her BFF Gabriella's twin brothers' birthday party, and Alexa absolutely loves going to their house.  I knew it was going to be a long day of waiting when she briefly stepped out of gymnastics class at 9:45am to ask me if it was time for the party (4pm).  Oy...  I was also excited for the party, not only because it was a great celebration for one of the most amazing families I know, but also because I had stumbled across the cutest gifts for the boys.

I was looking for a pair of Toms shoes for Alexa, and while on the website, I decided to see if they had any cute boys shoes.  Wouldn't you know it - - Toms makes an adorable giraffe-printed classic shoe in infant/toddler boys' size.  I immediately snapped up two pairs for the twins; I don't want to overdo the giraffe thing, but these were just too cute to pass up.

As expected, the party was a fantastic time - every element (decorations, cake, goodie bags, food) was so well-thought and perfectly executed.  As Alexa was getting ready for bed, she was recounting the details of the twins' birthday party and the fun she had tonight.  She could not stop laughing about the boys and their Elmo "smash cakes"  - the sight of the boys digging into their cakes was one of the funniest things she had ever seen.  As she settled into bed tonight, she said, "I wish Granty could be BFF's with the twins just like me and Gabriella.  Too bad Granty died."  Funny how she always seems to say the things I'm thinking, maybe not as eloquently nor grammatically correct, but she definitely relays the same sentiments.
A pic of the Tiny Toms - - too cute!
Granty will be enjoying the playground (in a special way)
with his friends as they learn to walk!

1 comment:

  1. I can not wait for the boys to wear these shoes!! I love them! Thank you for sharing this special day with us!

    ReplyDelete