I think we might have found Alexa's niche - - arts & crafts. During our first summer in Arizona, I quickly realized that you can never have enough art supplies for all of the hours spent inside. It appears my shopping trips at Michael's have paid off.... When I picked up Alexa from Aftercare, she was bursting with excitement to show me a surprise inside the classroom. She proudly showed me a button bowl she had made at school; it was a pretty impressive project that I know required a lot of time to make. I cannot tell you how proud I was when Alexa's teacher informed me that Alexa's button bowl was one of only three in the entire class to turn out. Yeah! Needless to say, Alexa was very excited to take the bowl home, and she spent the car ride plotting potential uses - a candy dish (I ix-nayed that one), a bowl for holding her beads....the possibilities are endless! lol
We're less than two weeks away from the Run (Walk) to Fight Cancer, and I'm really getting excited for the event...it should be a lot of fun. Alexa and Gabriella already have their matching giraffe t-shirts thanks to Jenny's mom :) If you'd like to donate in honor of team Granty's Giraffes, here's the link to our page:
http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/GrantysGiraffes/run-to-fight-childrens-cancer. Thank you to all who have donated....we're already raised over $400 for Phoenix Children's Hospital and the Children's Cancer Network!
 |
| Alexa posing with her button bowl...the sassy factor is always there. ;) |
love her jammies & i never got my button bowl...whats up with that?!?
ReplyDelete