Being the frugal (sometimes) shopper that I am, I was sure to hit the Target day-after Valentine's Day sale to clean-up on some of the bargains. Alexa loves to do crafts, so I usually end up buying a lot of stickers and art projects at these day-after sales. However, knowing that Target had giraffes as a central theme in their Valentine's collection, I knew I would be stocking up on a few more things than normal. Sure enough - - I found a 'Make a Giraffe' foam sticker kit (one I had never seen before) and a 'Pin the Heart on the Giraffe' game that I think Alexa will enjoy. I also had to get the cute interlocking giraffe picture frame....as soon as she saw it, Alexa asked if I could put a picture of her and Granty in it. Sounds like a great plan to me :)
While Alexa and I were eating dinner tonight, she talked a lot about Grant and how much she misses him. It was sweet to hear her talk about some of her favorite memories of him - how he always grabbed her hair (it was like his hands had hair radar), how she loved to make him smile and laugh, and, of course, bath time received a mention too. I truly hope these memories stick with her for the rest of her life. It's bittersweet to hear her talk about them, but it makes me happy to know she holds her brother and the time she had with him, albeit too short, in the highest regard. He really was the perfect baby brother, and we were all lucky to have him in our lives.
 |
| My giraffe finds from Target....what a perfect theme! |
Connie, I have been so far behind the last couple of days and had to catch up on all the news. OMY the haircut brought back memories of Emily aka "Curly Girly" when they lived with us for several months--I always wanted her curls and one day I came home from work and Barb said Emily had a gift for me, she gave me an envelope with quite a few curls from her head. Her Mom found her on the sunporch with a scissors and asked what she was doing and she informed her Mom that JoJo wanted her curls. Made me feel terrible but the thought was touching. So it will grow back but OMG. Love all the valentine goodies and I hope you and Damon have a great "Date Night" you guys deserve it. And Gia, thank you for giving Granty his valentines. Love Always, Joanne
ReplyDeletePin the heart on the giraffe..love it!
ReplyDelete