Saturday, February 9, 2013

I Heart Giraffes

My struggles with cooking and baking have been pretty well-documented; you may remember Alexa passed up some homemade cookies...they were that bad.  Tonight I decided to re-attempt sugar cookies and made Valentine's cookies with Alexa.  I did learn my lesson from my prior experience, and I wisely used a mix (just add butter and egg) to make the cookies instead of relying on my kitchen prowess.  Although I mistakenly used too much butter (drop cookie instead of cutout cookie recipe), they turned out pretty well....just a little puffy, but edible!

When Alexa and I were combing through the cooking cutter collection, she stumbled across a giraffe cookie cutter.  Without hesitation, Alexa selected the butterfly, giraffe and heart cookie cutters, bringing a huge smile to my face.  I love the pose she struck when I took a picture of her with the finished product of our baking endeavor, "I Heart Giraffes."

I think Alexa has brought something giraffe-related for the weekly Show-and-Tell since the beginning of December: stuffed giraffes, a giraffe ornament, giraffe books, etc...  I can envision her classmates groaning when Alexa gets up to talk about her item, saying "Giraffes again!?!"  However, since her classroom contributed to buy three giraffe adoptions in honor of Granty (San Diego, Phoenix, Tuscon), I'm sure there is a new-found love of giraffes in her class as well :)

I Heart Giraffes.
So happy that Mommy used a mix this time.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on such beautiful cookies. I abosolutely love the mixing bowl. It doesn't surprise me that Mommy would have a heart shaped bowl. Love Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i could post the picture i took of these wrist bands we brought to india... we had cheetahs, zebras, tigers, and giraffes. i was in charge of the giraffe group, of course, because it reminded me of Grant. so while i was all the way in India, giraffes and Grant followed me there! the kids at VBS were chanting "girrr-aaaafff-eeeeee" :)

    -Mandy

    ReplyDelete